Monday, February 25, 2008

Waking Up

It's morning, the second day (or actually the full first, if you want to count it that way). We had a fabulous evening with a marvelous Israeli dinner at the Magado restaurant, owned by a Yemeni Jew who has lived his whole life in Tel Aviv. His parents immigrated in 1948 when Israel became a state. I've got pictures that I'll post now, but I'm also adding some of Dan Bryant's later. (His are much better than mine, but I can't seem to copy them from my email account yet, so we'll do some fiddling and add them in later.)

This day promises to be huge: our program topics include "Challenges to Israeli Society", "Arab-Jewish Coexistence in the face of terror" and "Israel and Its Strategic Environment" plus we've got a walking tour of Tel Aviv-Jaffa and visit to Independence Hall (Tel Aviv is Israel's answer to our Philadelphia!). Anyway, our time is jam packed with fascinating stuff, as you can see. More later...

No comments: