Sunday, April 20, 2008

The Pyramid of Cheops






We met early this morning after breakfast in order to avoid the heat of the day and the crowds and headed for the Pyramids of Giza. The first stop was the Pyramid of Cheops, the largest of the three with over 1,300,000 stones, each weighing 2 1/2 tons. Note the size of the stones by the size of Grace standing next to them. One of the best parts of the morning was riding a camel. I had talked Muzz into doing it (I didn't need to talk Grace into it) - but it came as a surprise to me when I ended up on one too. We had a great ride in the morning breeze before heading to the other two pyramids and the Sphinx.

1 comment:

Vincent said...

Hi Rebecca,
Seeing that you are currently in Egypt I wonder if you wouldn't mind confirming some information for me.

I run a blog called 'Talking Pyramids' where I present current news and information on the pyramids.

I have a section there called 'Pyramid Fields' that has open times and and prices.

If you are able to see any incorrect information there please let me know. I try to keep it as current as possible with information from local sources and recent visitors such as yourself.

Thanks,

Vincent.